This project is mirrored from https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc.git. Pull mirroring failed .
Repository mirroring has been paused due to too many failed attempts, and can be resumed by a project maintainer.
Last successful update .
  1. 19 Oct, 2019 1 commit
  2. 25 Mar, 2019 1 commit
    • Takenobu Tani's avatar
      Update Wiki URLs to point to GitLab · 3769e3a8
      Takenobu Tani authored
      This moves all URL references to Trac Wiki to their corresponding
      GitLab counterparts.
      
      This substitution is classified as follows:
      
      1. Automated substitution using sed with Ben's mapping rule [1]
          Old: ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/XxxYyy...
          New: gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/xxx-yyy...
      
      2. Manual substitution for URLs containing `#` index
          Old: ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/XxxYyy...#Zzz
          New: gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/xxx-yyy...#zzz
      
      3. Manual substitution for strings starting with `Commentary`
          Old: Commentary/XxxYyy...
          New: commentary/xxx-yyy...
      
      See also !539
      
      [1]: https://gitlab.haskell.org/bgamari/gitlab-migration/blob/master/wiki-mapping.json
      3769e3a8
  3. 19 Sep, 2017 1 commit
    • Niklas Hambüchen's avatar
      base: fdReady(): Improve accuracy and simplify code. · 28a115e5
      Niklas Hambüchen authored
      This is done by reusing the existing cross-platform
      `getProcessElapsedTime()` function, which already provides nanosecond
      monotonic clocks, and fallback for platforms that don't have those.
      
      To do this, `getProcessElapsedTime()` had to be moved from a private RTS
      symbol into the public interface.
      
      Accuracy is improved in 2 ways:
      
      * Use of the monotonic clock where available
      * Measuring the total time spent waiting instead of a sum
        of intervals (between which there are small gaps)
      
      Reviewers: bgamari, austin, hvr, erikd, simonmar
      
      Reviewed By: bgamari
      
      Subscribers: rwbarton, thomie
      
      Differential Revision: https://phabricator.haskell.org/D3953
      28a115e5
  4. 23 Apr, 2017 1 commit
  5. 06 Dec, 2016 1 commit
    • Simon Marlow's avatar
      Overhaul GC stats · 24e6594c
      Simon Marlow authored
      Summary:
      Visible API changes:
      
      * The C struct `GCDetails` gives the stats about a single GC.  This is
        passed to the `gcDone()` callback if one is set via the
        RtsConfig. (previously we just passed a collection of values, so this
        is more extensible, at the expense of breaking the existing API)
      
      * `RTSStats` gives cumulative stats since the start of the program,
        and includes the `GCDetails` for the most recent GC.  This struct
        can be obtained via `getRTSStats()` (the old `getGCStats()` has been
        removed, and `getGCStatsEnabled()` has been renamed to
        `getRTSStatsEnabled()`)
      
      Improvements:
      
      * The per-GC stats and cumulative stats are now cleanly separated.
      
      * Inside the RTS we have a top-level `RTSStats` struct to keep all our
        stats in, previously this was just a collection of strangely-named
        variables.  This struct is mostly just copied in `getRTSStats()`, so
        the implementation of that function is a lot shorter.
      
      * Types are more consistent.  We use a uint64_t byte count for all
        memory values, and Time for all time values.
      
      * Names are more consistent.  We use a suffix `_bytes` for all byte
        counts and `_ns` for all time values.
      
      * We now collect information about the amount of memory in large
        objects and compact objects in `GCDetails`. (the latter was the reason
        I started doing this patch but it seems to have ballooned a bit!)
      
      * I fixed a bug in the calculation of the elapsed MUT time, and added
        an ASSERT to stop the calculations going wrong in the future.
      
      For now I kept the Haskell API in `GHC.Stats` the same, by
      impedence-matching with the new API.  We could either break that API
      and make it match the C API more closely, or we could add a new API
      and deprecate the old one.  Opinions welcome.
      
      This stuff is very easy to get wrong, and it's hard to test.  Reviews
      welcome!
      
      Test Plan:
      manual testing
      validate
      
      Reviewers: bgamari, niteria, austin, ezyang, hvr, erikd, rwbarton, Phyx
      
      Subscribers: thomie
      
      Differential Revision: https://phabricator.haskell.org/D2756
      24e6594c