This project is mirrored from https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc.git. Pull mirroring failed .
Repository mirroring has been paused due to too many failed attempts. It can be resumed by a project maintainer.
Last successful update .
  1. 02 May, 2012 1 commit
    • Simon Peyton Jones's avatar
      Allow cases with empty alterantives · ac230c5e
      Simon Peyton Jones authored
      This patch allows, for the first time, case expressions with an empty
      list of alternatives. Max suggested the idea, and Trac #6067 showed
      that it is really quite important.
      
      So I've implemented the idea, fixing #6067. Main changes
      
       * See Note [Empty case alternatives] in CoreSyn
      
       * Various foldr1's become foldrs
      
       * IfaceCase does not record the type of the alternatives.
         I added IfaceECase for empty-alternative cases.
      
       * Core Lint does not complain about empty cases
      
       * MkCore.castBottomExpr constructs an empty-alternative case
         expression   (case e of ty {})
      
       * CoreToStg converts '(case e of {})' to just 'e'
      ac230c5e
  2. 01 May, 2012 3 commits
    • Simon Peyton Jones's avatar
      Wibble to pretty printing · b04c0beb
      Simon Peyton Jones authored
      b04c0beb
    • Simon Peyton Jones's avatar
    • Simon Peyton Jones's avatar
      Tidy up a remaining glitch in unification · 67c793a3
      Simon Peyton Jones authored
      There was one place, in type checking parallel list comprehensions
      where we were unifying types, but had no convenient way to use the
      resulting coercion; instead we just checked that it was Refl.  This
      was Wrong Wrong; it might fail unpredicably in a GADT-like situation,
      and it led to extra error-generation code used only in this one place.
      
      This patch tidies it all up, by moving the 'return' method from the
      *comprehension* to the ParStmtBlock. The latter is a new data type,
      now used for each sub-chunk of a parallel list comprehension.
      
      Because of the data type change, quite a few modules are touched,
      but only in a fairly trivial way. The real changes are in TcMatches
      (and corresponding desugaring); plus deleting code from TcUnify.
      
      This patch also fixes the pretty-printing bug in Trac #6060
      67c793a3
  3. 30 Apr, 2012 12 commits
  4. 27 Apr, 2012 24 commits