1. 21 May, 2007 1 commit
  2. 16 May, 2007 1 commit
  3. 26 May, 2007 1 commit
    • Isaac Dupree's avatar
      parseInteger->parseUnsignedInteger to clarify meaning · 4a1aca10
      Isaac Dupree authored
      I decided against adding parseSignedInteger since octal
      and hex literals often have junk between the '-' and the
      digits, but, compare to Util.readRational which does handle
      signed numbers.  Also since Integers - mathematically and
      in Haskell - can be negative, normally.
      4a1aca10
  4. 10 May, 2007 3 commits
  5. 11 Oct, 2006 1 commit
    • Simon Marlow's avatar
      Module header tidyup, phase 1 · 49c98d14
      Simon Marlow authored
      This patch is a start on removing import lists and generally tidying
      up the top of each module.  In addition to removing import lists:
      
         - Change DATA.IOREF -> Data.IORef etc.
         - Change List -> Data.List etc.
         - Remove $Id$
         - Update copyrights
         - Re-order imports to put non-GHC imports last
         - Remove some unused and duplicate imports
      49c98d14
  6. 05 Oct, 2006 1 commit
  7. 29 Jun, 2006 1 commit
  8. 07 Apr, 2006 1 commit
    • Simon Marlow's avatar
      Reorganisation of the source tree · 0065d5ab
      Simon Marlow authored
      Most of the other users of the fptools build system have migrated to
      Cabal, and with the move to darcs we can now flatten the source tree
      without losing history, so here goes.
      
      The main change is that the ghc/ subdir is gone, and most of what it
      contained is now at the top level.  The build system now makes no
      pretense at being multi-project, it is just the GHC build system.
      
      No doubt this will break many things, and there will be a period of
      instability while we fix the dependencies.  A straightforward build
      should work, but I haven't yet fixed binary/source distributions.
      Changes to the Building Guide will follow, too.
      0065d5ab
  9. 06 Jan, 2006 1 commit
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2006-01-06 16:30:17 by simonmar] · 9d7da331
      simonmar authored
      Add support for UTF-8 source files
      
      GHC finally has support for full Unicode in source files.  Source
      files are now assumed to be UTF-8 encoded, and the full range of
      Unicode characters can be used, with classifications recognised using
      the implementation from Data.Char.  This incedentally means that only
      the stage2 compiler will recognise Unicode in source files, because I
      was too lazy to port the unicode classifier code into libcompat.
      
      Additionally, the following synonyms for keywords are now recognised:
      
        forall symbol 	(U+2200)	forall
        right arrow   	(U+2192)	->
        left arrow   		(U+2190)	<-
        horizontal ellipsis 	(U+22EF)	..
      
      there are probably more things we could add here.
      
      This will break some source files if Latin-1 characters are being used.
      In most cases this should result in a UTF-8 decoding error.  Later on
      if we want to support more encodings (perhaps with a pragma to specify
      the encoding), I plan to do it by recoding into UTF-8 before parsing.
      
      Internally, there were some pretty big changes:
      
        - FastStrings are now stored in UTF-8
      
        - Z-encoding has been moved right to the back end.  Previously we
          used to Z-encode every identifier on the way in for simplicity,
          and only decode when we needed to show something to the user.
          Instead, we now keep every string in its UTF-8 encoding, and
          Z-encode right before printing it out.  To avoid Z-encoding the
          same string multiple times, the Z-encoding is cached inside the
          FastString the first time it is requested.
      
          This speeds up the compiler - I've measured some definite
          improvement in parsing at least, and I expect compilations overall
          to be faster too.  It also cleans up a lot of cruft from the
          OccName interface.  Z-encoding is nicely hidden inside the
          Outputable instance for Names & OccNames now.
      
        - StringBuffers are UTF-8 too, and are now represented as
          ForeignPtrs.
      
        - I've put together some test cases, not by any means exhaustive,
          but there are some interesting UTF-8 decoding error cases that
          aren't obvious.  Also, take a look at unicode001.hs for a demo.
      9d7da331
  10. 07 Apr, 2005 1 commit
  11. 15 Sep, 2004 1 commit
    • wolfgang's avatar
      [project @ 2004-09-15 02:47:03 by wolfgang] · f19e3063
      wolfgang authored
      Accept '#pragma' lines in the cmm parser.
      This is necessary because Apple's version of GNU cpp 3.3 leaves #pragma
      lines in it's output, which cause the build to fail on Mac OS X with
      GCC >= 3.3
      f19e3063
  12. 13 Aug, 2004 1 commit