1. 23 May, 2011 1 commit
  2. 18 May, 2011 2 commits
  3. 14 May, 2011 1 commit
    • batterseapower's avatar
      Big patch to improve Unicode support in GHC. Validated on OS X and Windows, this · dc58b739
      batterseapower authored
      patch series fixes #5061, #1414, #3309, #3308, #3307, #4006 and #4855.
      
      The major changes are:
      
       1) Make Foreign.C.String.*CString use the locale encoding
      
          This change follows the FFI specification in Haskell 98, which
          has never actually been implemented before.
      
          The functions exported from Foreign.C.String are partially-applied
          versions of those from GHC.Foreign, which allows the user to supply
          their own TextEncoding.
      
          We also introduce foreignEncoding as the name of the text encoding
          that follows the FFI appendix in that it transliterates encoding
          errors.
      
       2) I also changed the code so that mkTextEncoding always tries the
          native-Haskell decoders in preference to those from iconv, even on
          non-Windows. The motivation here is simply that it is better for
          compatibility if we do this, and those are the ones you get for
          the utf* and latin1* predefined TextEncodings anyway.
      
       3) Implement surrogate-byte error handling mode for TextEncoding
      
          This implements PEP383-like behaviour so that we are able to
          roundtrip byte strings through Strings without loss of information.
      
          The withFilePath function now uses this encoding to get to/from CStrings,
          so any code that uses that will get the right PEP383 behaviour automatically.
      
       4) Implement three other coding failure modes: ignore, throw error, transliterate
      
          These mimic the behaviour of the GNU Iconv extensions.
      dc58b739
  4. 10 May, 2011 1 commit
  5. 04 May, 2011 1 commit
  6. 30 Apr, 2011 4 commits
  7. 24 Apr, 2011 3 commits
  8. 22 Apr, 2011 3 commits
  9. 15 Apr, 2011 1 commit
  10. 08 Apr, 2011 1 commit
  11. 07 Apr, 2011 1 commit
  12. 06 Apr, 2011 3 commits
  13. 04 Apr, 2011 1 commit
  14. 03 Apr, 2011 8 commits
  15. 31 Mar, 2011 1 commit
  16. 30 Mar, 2011 2 commits
    • Ian Lynagh's avatar
    • Simon Marlow's avatar
      Export the affinity API from Control.Concurrent: forkOn and friends. · aec9d3e8
      Simon Marlow authored
      forkOn             :: Int -> IO () -> IO ThreadId
      forkOnWithUnmask   :: Int -> ((forall a . IO a -> IO a) -> IO ()) -> IO ThreadId
      getNumCapabilities :: IO Int
      threadCapability   :: ThreadId -> IO (Int, Bool)
      
      Following discussion on the libraries list, I renamed forkOnIO to
      forkOn.  In due course we might want to also rename forkIO to fork.
      
      I left the Int argument as it is, it's quite useful to be able to
      specify a number to be interpreted modulo the actual number of
      processors.
      
      I also used the term "capability" consistently.  It might not be the
      best choice, but we have to pick something.
      aec9d3e8
  17. 03 Mar, 2011 1 commit
  18. 29 Mar, 2011 3 commits
  19. 22 Dec, 2010 1 commit
    • Simon Marlow's avatar
      Add allowInterrupt :: IO () (#4810) · b2e0b65b
      Simon Marlow authored
      docs:
      
      -- | When invoked inside 'mask', this function allows a blocked
      -- asynchronous exception to be raised, if one exists.  It is
      -- equivalent to performing an interruptible operation (see
      -- #interruptible#), but does not involve any actual blocking.
      --
      -- When called outside 'mask', or inside 'uninterruptibleMask', this
      -- function has no effect.
      b2e0b65b
  20. 19 Jan, 2011 1 commit