1. 31 Jan, 2000 4 commits
  2. 30 Jan, 2000 5 commits
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-30 10:25:27 by simonmar] · ca2ab438
      simonmar authored
      Change the type of catch# to
      	catch# :: (W# -> (# W#, a #))
      	       -> (b -> W# -> (# W#, a #))
      	       -> W# -> (# W# , a #)
      where W# == State# RealWorld.  In other words, make it explicit that
      catch# is an IO operation and takes IO operations as arguments.  The
      previous type was too general, and resulted in catch# having the wrong
      arity which could cause mis-optimisations.
      The down side is that we now have to pass the state token around
      inside the primop instead of doing it in the Haskell wrapper, and
      raiseAsync() also has to build a PAP(handler,exception,realworld)
      instead of just a PAP(handler,exception) when it invokes a handler as
      a result of an async exception.
      I also added some optimisations to (un)?blockAsyncException to not
      grow the stack if it can be avoided, such as when we're about to block
      async exceptions and there's a blockAsyncExceptions_ret stack frame on
      the top of the stack.
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-30 10:17:44 by simonmar] · 11a43a34
      simonmar authored
      The bd->free field of a block descriptor is supposed to be set to -1
      for free blocks, if we're #ifdef DEBUGging.  It wasn't sometimes.
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-30 10:16:09 by simonmar] · f195b5de
      simonmar authored
      Deal with ThreadRelocated in checkTSO().
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-30 10:11:32 by simonmar] · 84ccb85d
      simonmar authored
      Add notes about where the IO representation is wired in to various
      parts of the source tree, since I'm about to add some more.
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-30 10:08:27 by simonmar] · 3427092e
      simonmar authored
      comment fixup
  3. 28 Jan, 2000 5 commits
    • lewie's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-28 20:52:37 by lewie] · 266fadd9
      lewie authored
      First pass at implicit parameters.  Honest, I didn't really go in *intending*
      to modify every file in the typechecker... ;-)  The breadth of the change
      is partly due to generalizing contexts so that they are not hardwired to
      be (Class, [Type]) pairs.  See types/Type.lhs for details (look for PredType).
    • sewardj's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-28 18:07:55 by sewardj] · c39373f1
      sewardj authored
      Modifications to make x86 register spilling to work reasonably.  It
      should work ok most of the time, although there is still a remote
      possibility that the allocator simply will be unable to complete
      spilling, and will just give up.
      -- Incrementally try with 0, 1, 2 and 3 spill regs, so as not to
         unduly restrict the supply of regs in code which doesn't need spilling.
      -- Remove the use of %ecx for shift values, so it is always available
         as the first-choice spill temporary.  For code which doesn't do
         int division, make %edx and %eax available for spilling too.
         Shifts by a non-constant amount (very rare) are now done by
         a short test-and-jump sequence, so that %ecx is not tied up.
      -- x86 FP: do sin, cos, tan in-line so we get the same answers as gcc.
      -- Moved a little code around to remove recursive dependencies.
      -- Fix a subtle bug in x86 regUsage, which could cause underestimation
         of live ranges.
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-28 16:36:03 by simonmar] · f1553c47
      simonmar authored
      bump version to 4.07 on the main trunk.
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-28 14:14:01 by simonmar] · 4d139998
      simonmar authored
      don't use ^ in patterns, Solaris sh barfs on it.
    • sewardj's avatar
      [project @ 2000-01-28 09:40:05 by sewardj] · 8252a068
      sewardj authored
      Commit all changes prior to addressing the x86 spilling situation in
      the register allocator.
      -- Fix nonsensical x86 addressing mode hacks in mangleIndexTree
         and getAmode.
      -- Make char-sized loads work properly, using MOVZBL.
      -- In assignIntCode, use primRep on the assign node to determine
         the size of data transfer, not the size of the source.
      -- Redo Integer primitives to be in line with current representation
         of Integers.
  4. 27 Jan, 2000 1 commit
  5. 26 Jan, 2000 12 commits
  6. 25 Jan, 2000 13 commits