1. 10 Nov, 2006 4 commits
  2. 08 Nov, 2006 1 commit
  3. 09 Nov, 2006 2 commits
  4. 08 Nov, 2006 1 commit
  5. 07 Nov, 2006 2 commits
  6. 06 Nov, 2006 3 commits
  7. 01 Nov, 2006 1 commit
    • SamB's avatar
      Get External Core (-fext-core) working with readline · e513c1cc
      SamB authored
      Had to add support for dynamic C calls and for foreign labels (Addr#
      constants). Actually I only did the printing side -- parsing is not
      done yet. But at least now you can build the libraries with -fext-core.
      
      I also got the function arrow to print out properly again (it was
      printing fully-qualified and z-coded!)
      
      I also added a field for calling convention name to the External
      data constructor in ExternalCore.Exp (for static C calls).
      
      I'm not exactly sure where to document all of this, so I haven't done
      that, though I did comment the code a bit.
      e513c1cc
  8. 24 Oct, 2006 1 commit
  9. 01 Nov, 2006 1 commit
    • simonpj@microsoft.com's avatar
      Major overhaul of the Simplifier · 7a327c12
      simonpj@microsoft.com authored
      This big patch completely overhauls the Simplifier.  The simplifier
      had grown old and crufty, and was hard to understand and maintain.
      This new version is still quite complicated, because the simplifier
      does a lot, but it's much easier to understand, for me at least.
      
      It does mean that I have touched almost every line of the simplifier,
      so the diff is a large one.
      
      Big changes are these
      
      * When simplifying an Expr we generate a simplified Expr plus a 
        bunch of "floats", which are bindings that have floated out
        of the Expr.  Before, this float stuff was returned separately,
        but not they are embedded in the SimplEnv, which makes the
        plumbing much easier and more robust.  In particular, the
        SimplEnv already meaintains the "in-scope set", and making
        that travel with the floats helps to ensure that we always 
        use the right in-scope set.
      
        This change has a pervasive effect.
      
      * Rather than simplifying the args of a call before trying rules
        and inlining, we now defer simplifying the args until both
        rules and inlining have failed, so we're going to leave a
        call in the result.  This avoids the risk of repeatedly 
        simplifying an argument, which was handled by funny ad-hoc
        flags before.  
        
        The downside is that we must apply the substitution to the args before
        rule-matching; and if thep rule doesn't match that is wasted work.
        But having any rules at all is the exception not the rule, and the
        substitution is lazy, so we only substitute until a no-match is found.
        The code is much more elegant though.
      
      * A SimplCont is now more zipper-like. It used to have an embedded
        function, but that was a bit hard to think about, and now it's
        nice and consistent. The relevant constructors are StrictArg
        and StrictBind
      
      * Each Rule now has an *arity* (gotten by CoreSyn.ruleArity), which 
        tells how many arguments it matches against.  This entailed adding
        a field ru_nargs to a BuiltinRule.  And that made me look at 
        PrelRules; I did quite a bit of refactoring in the end, so the
        diff in PrelRules looks much biggger than it really is.
      
      * A little refactoring in OccurAnal.  The key change is that in 
        the RHS of	x = y `cast` co
        we regard 'y' as "many", so that it doesn't get inlined into 
        the RHS of x.  This allows x to be inlined elsewhere.  It's 
        very like the existing situation for
      		x = Just y
        where we treat 'y' as "many".
      7a327c12
  10. 02 Nov, 2006 5 commits
  11. 01 Nov, 2006 12 commits
  12. 30 Oct, 2006 1 commit
  13. 27 Oct, 2006 4 commits
  14. 26 Oct, 2006 2 commits