1. 04 Sep, 2002 1 commit
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2002-09-04 10:00:45 by simonmar] · c83656b2
      simonmar authored
      Recent changes to simplify PrimRep had introduced a bug: the heap
      check code was assuming that anything with PtrRep representation was
      enterable.  This isn't the case for the unpointed primitive types
      (eg. ByteArray#), resulting in the ARR_WORDS crash in last night's
      This bug isn't in STABLE.
  2. 03 Sep, 2002 6 commits
  3. 02 Sep, 2002 5 commits
  4. 01 Sep, 2002 1 commit
  5. 30 Aug, 2002 3 commits
  6. 29 Aug, 2002 5 commits
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2002-08-29 15:44:11 by simonmar] · ce9687a5
      simonmar authored
        - The main goal is to remove dependencies on hslibs for a
          bootstrapped compiler, leaving only a requirement that the
          packages base, haskell98 and readline are built in stage 1 in
          order to bootstrap.  We're almost there: Posix is still required
          for signal handling, but all other dependencies on hslibs are now
          Uses of Addr and ByteArray/MutableByteArray array are all gone
          from the compiler.  PrimPacked defines the Ptr type for GHC 4.08
          (which didn't have it), and it defines simple BA and MBA types to
          replace uses of ByteArray and MutableByteArray respectively.
        - Clean up import lists.  HsVersions.h now defines macros for some
          modules which have moved between GHC versions.  eg. one now
          imports 'GLAEXTS' to get at unboxed types and primops in the
          Many import lists have been sorted as per the recommendations in
          the new style guidelines in the commentary.
      I've built the compiler with GHC 4.08.2, 5.00.2, 5.02.3, 5.04 and
      itself, and everything still works here.  Doubtless I've got something
      wrong, though.
    • simonpj's avatar
      [project @ 2002-08-29 13:38:45 by simonpj] · 4a851c82
      simonpj authored
      Fix eta-expansion bug, which led to an infinite loop in
      CoreUtils.etaExpand. This showed up when compiling FranTk.
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2002-08-29 12:57:34 by simonmar] · c5e353d4
      simonmar authored
      Add notes about DEBUG and GHCI.
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2002-08-29 11:52:42 by simonmar] · c94ec2c0
      simonmar authored
      update (readline has moved)
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2002-08-29 11:47:46 by simonmar] · a7ae6708
      simonmar authored
      Add a ToDo note.
  7. 28 Aug, 2002 5 commits
  8. 27 Aug, 2002 3 commits
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2002-08-27 09:38:43 by simonmar] · c79b5b17
      simonmar authored
      - If the same module is defined in multiple "root" source files, then
        complain.  Before, the compiler would silently ignore one of them.
      - Remove some unuseed imports
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2002-08-27 09:34:20 by simonmar] · 15e6a5e4
      simonmar authored
      Fix a bug in the cleaning up of temporary files: we were wrongly
      cleaning the temporary pre-processed source files for stable modules,
      with the result that the compiler would panic the next time they were
      Reported ages ago by: Hal Duame.
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2002-08-27 09:12:53 by simonmar] · b669d6d9
      simonmar authored
      Replace "Funny global thing" with a better error message, as suggested
      by Alastair Reid.  The message is:
        Warning: retaining unknown function `$_' in output from C compiler
      ("unknown function" is a bit vague, but I couldn't come up with an
      alternative that wasn't misleading).
  9. 23 Aug, 2002 1 commit
  10. 21 Aug, 2002 4 commits
  11. 20 Aug, 2002 1 commit
    • simonmar's avatar
      [project @ 2002-08-20 10:32:48 by simonmar] · a4ac1436
      simonmar authored
      Fix a buglet in CorePrep:  an expression such as
      	case __coerce (\x -> e) :: T of { ... }
      would be left as is, but the lambda expression should really be
      abstracted as a let (causes a panic later in srtExpr; shown up by
      the dynamic001 test).  There was a missing call to deLam in the case
      for Case expressions in corePrepExprFloat.
      In addition, I made a new version of deLam, deLamFloat, which can
      float any bindings generated.  This helps to generate slightly cleaner
      code in the above case (the binding is floated out of the scrutinee).
      Also: GC unused imports while I'm here.
  12. 19 Aug, 2002 2 commits
  13. 16 Aug, 2002 3 commits