Base should use native Win32 IO on Windows
There are a variety of issues caused by the impedance mismatch between GHC's use of Posix I/O interfaces on Windows (particularly with respect to console I/O),
- #10542 (closed): Incorrect Unicode input on Windows Console
- #7593 (closed): Unable to print exceptions of unicode identifiers
- #4471 (closed): Incorrect Unicode output on Windows Console
- #2189 (closed): hSetBuffering stdin NoBuffering doesn't work on Windows
As pointed on in ticket:2189#comment:30058 the ultimate solution to this would be to move all of GHC's IO to use the respective Win32 interfaces.
- #7353 (closed): Windows lacks support in the I/O manager
- #806 (closed): hGetBufNonBlocking doesn't work on Windows
- #3081 (closed): Double output after Ctrl+C on Windows
putStrhas different behaviour on Windows
GHC.ConsoleHandlerdoes not call back application when Close button is pressed.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information