Testsuite: run each test in its own /tmp directory, after copying required files
For each TEST:
- create a directory
- link/copy all source files that the test needs into
- run the test inside
- running tests in parallel always works, even when two tests write to the same file (for example .hi/.o files, from sharing a .hs file). This should reduce the number of unsuspected and annoying validate failures. There is no longer any need to specify
- there is no longer any need to add entries to the perpetually out-of-date
- there is no longer any need to specify
clean_cmdsetup functions for tests. Sometimes you //will// have to specify which extra files a test needs, using the (new)
extra_filessetup function, but it will be immediately clear when to do so (i.e. the test won't run if you don't). By default only files with the name
<testname>*are copied to
- it could become possible to run //ways// for a single test in parallel (i.e.
make TEST=<testname> slowwould become faster)
cleaning the testsuite won't be necessary (except for a few files in
Currently the only way to clean the testsuite is via
make CLEANUP=1 CLEAN_ONLY=1, which requires a call to the testsuite, which requires building mk/ghc-config first. This will all become much simpler.