ghc-iserv-dyn: loadObj: failed to mmap() memory below 2Gb on aarch64
ghc-iserv-dyn fails with issue indicated in the title when cross compiling project comprising template haskell dependency.
Steps to reproduce
try to cross compile attached Main.hs minimum source that has dependency on wai-app-static package using template haskell.
cross compiling fails with indicated issue as listed in attached ghc_output.txt file.
- GHC version used: 8.10.2
- Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS on build host running GHC - Debian GNU/Linux 10 on target host running ghc-iserv-dyn
- System Architecture: x86_64-linux on build host - arch64-linux on target host
- Hardware: Dell XPS 13 9360 with 8GB memory build host - Boundary Devices i.MX8MQ Nitrogen8M with 2GB memory target host
- Cross compiling script peculiarities:
- the stack tool has been used for cross compiling
- for this purpose the following scripts have been created/replaced in the standard build system on build host: -- in directory ~/.stack/programs/aarch64-linux/ghc-8.10.2/bin/ ghc -- Note that instance_host and instance_target parameters of script need to be adapted to test environment. -- in directory ~/.stack/programs/aarch64-linux/ghc-8.10.2/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu-ghc-8.10.2/bin ghc-iserv-dyn .. Note that target parameter of script needs to be adapted to test environment.
- General remarks:
- This issue does not occur for the same environment conditions when using GHC 8.8.3.
- The "-xm" RTS flag for working around the issue as indicated in the build output seems not to be supported.
- Any workaround for cross compiling template haskell modules using GHC 8.10.2 is highly appreciated.