Makefile needs to improve treatment of HsColour
Fresh checkout, a few new patches, sh boot & configure are OK, but 'make' results in
: nr@labrador 10435 ; make HsColour needed but wasn't found. Set HSCOLOUR_SRCS=NO if you don't want to use it exit 1 make: *** [check-tools] Error 1
Things that are wrong here:
- 'sh boot; ./configure; make' failed. This should never happen.
- I'm not told where to set
- The missing software should be detected by ./configure and the variable set then.
- The error message (which should be a warning message from configure) does not tell me how to get and install the HsColour software. The error message should include information along the following lines:
If you do want to use the software, the source is at http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/hscolour If you've got cabal-install then: $ cabal update $ cabal install hscolour
- Finally, the message should say what
HsColouris so that the rank amateur (me) can figure out if it's worth installing.