Makefile needs to improve treatment of HsColour
Fresh checkout, a few new patches, sh boot & configure are OK, but 'make' results in
: nr@labrador 10435 ; make HsColour needed but wasn't found. Set HSCOLOUR_SRCS=NO if you don't want to use it exit 1 make: *** [check-tools] Error 1
Things that are wrong here:
- 'sh boot; ./configure; make' failed. This should never happen.
- I'm not told where to set
- The missing software should be detected by ./configure and the variable set then.
- The error message (which should be a warning message from configure) does not tell me how to get and install the HsColour software. The error message should include information along the following lines:
If you do want to use the software, the source is at http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/hscolour If you've got cabal-install then: $ cabal update $ cabal install hscolour
- Finally, the message should say what
HsColouris so that the rank amateur (me) can figure out if it's worth installing.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information