Milestone Dec 3, 2019–Jun 30, 2020
Things necessary before the
make build system can finally be put out to pasture.
Unstarted Issues (open and unassigned)
- Hadrian 'install' requires built docs (regression in comparison with make build system)
- Hadrian `test` falls apart when LANG / LC_ALL are not set correctly.
- Hadrian builds hp2ps with stage0
- hadrian/validate fails with ghc: missing -B<dir> option
- Hadrian doesn't support compiling RTS with dtrace probes
- hadrian doesn't recompute flags for stage1 compiler.
- Hadrian: build failure on PowerPC 64-bit LE (powerpc64le)
- Validate with --hadrian fails to build ghc on windows for GHC-HEAD
- Hadrian missing depenency on libffi
- Hadrian build freezes up.
- Hadrian unnecessarily relinks libraries in response to RTS changes
- Hadrian tries building PrimOpWrappers with stage0
- Inconsistently choosen header files while registerising
- Hadrian: quickest flavour fails with a linker error
- Ctrl + C does not terminate hadrian build.
- hadrian: quick flavour still builds dynamic object files
- handrian based build fails on ppc64le linux due to misconfiguration of stage0 ghc.
- Hadrian: generation of PDF documents doesn't work
- Hadrian should respect the build root setting for the testsuite and its own binaries
- Hadrian devel2 builds Haddock
- Hadrian build fails on FreeBSD
- Dynamically built GHC crashes on MacOS
- Hadrian: Spurious build failure on fresh build
- hadrian: create wrapper scripts with version suffixes when installing binary distributions
- Hadrian: refactor stage<N>Packages
- Remove make-based build system
- Bring Hadrian CI builds on par with make
- Hadrian doesn't have "fast" rebuild mode
- cabal-install-less installation path for Hadrian
- hadrian: many builders do not pass `buildOptions` to `cmd`
- Hadrian should not mix stage1 and stage0 package db.
- Hadrian should make use of -dynamic-too
- Hadrian using system libffi support results in bad gcc command
Ongoing Issues (open and assigned)
- Hadrian bindists assume existence of ld.lld
- Fix Haddock documentation in Hadrian Windows build
- Hadrian skips Haddock tests by default
- Interrupting a Hadrian build often results in inconsistent tree
- Hadrian: testing stage1 compiler doesn't work
- `Hadrian test` insulates `runtests.py` from SIGINT
- Hadrian breaks when eventlog RTS ways are enabled
- Hadrian: Build fails when dynamic ways are disabled
- Plugins Tests are Skipped
- Make Hadrian CWD-aware
- Hadrian doesn't (easily) build on platforms that don't support the threaded RTS
- Work out and document how to build GHC with eventlog enabled
- Hadrian binary-dist Installs files into the wrong location
Completed Issues (closed)
- Cross compilation broken under Hadrian
- Hadrian inexplicably rebuilds when output is redirected
- Hadrian build of rts is broken due to missing assembler file(s) compilation.
- Hadrian doesn't tell testsuite driver about LLVM availability
- Hadrian rebuilds when passed --verbose
- Hadrian doesn't show core lint errors unless `--verbose` is passed
- Hadrian-built GHCi fails with "unknown symbol" while make-built one works
- GHC 8.10.1 Source Distribution tarball missing Hadrian scripts
- hadrian source-dist is broken, the generated source dist does not compile
- Hadrian fails if build root is absolute path
- Test failures in Hadrian/Windows job
- Hadrian builds fail with missing dependencies
- Hadrian uses wrong stage's ghc-pkg, writing incompatible package.cache
- Nondeterministic build failures
- Windows hadrian job fails with cabal-install failure
- --flavour=quick followed by --flavour=prof fails
- Hadrian build fails on FreeBSD
- Top-level install rule for Hadrian
- hadrian.settings doesn't support changing Cabal Setup builder arguments
- EXTRA_HC_OPTS workflow under hadrian.
- Hadrian fails to invoke testsuite runner on Windows
- Hadrian: Windows build fails when creating symlink