1. 13 Apr, 2018 1 commit
    • Ryan Scott's avatar
      Bump version numbers: base-4.11.1.0, integer-gmp-1.0.2.0 · c4814ab6
      Ryan Scott authored
      This takes care of bumping the `base` and `integer-gmp`
      minor version numbers in anticipation of a GHC 8.4.2 release.
      
      While I was in town, I also filled in a `@since TODO` Haddock
      annotation for `powModSecInteger` in `integer-gmp` with
      `1.0.2.0`, and updated the changelog accordingly.
      
      Test Plan: ./validate
      
      Reviewers: hvr, goldfire, bgamari
      
      Reviewed By: bgamari
      
      Subscribers: thomie, carter
      
      GHC Trac Issues: #15025
      
      Differential Revision: https://phabricator.haskell.org/D4586
      c4814ab6
  2. 08 Nov, 2017 1 commit
    • Simon Peyton Jones's avatar
      Minimise provided dictionaries in pattern synonyms · 2c2f3cea
      Simon Peyton Jones authored
      Trac #14394 showed that it's possible to get redundant
      constraints in the inferred provided constraints of a pattern
      synonym.  This patch removes the redundancy with mkMinimalBySCs.
      
      To do this I had to generalise the type of mkMinimalBySCs slightly.
      And, to reduce confusing reversal, I made it stable: it now returns
      its result in the same order as its input.  That led to a raft of
      error message wibbles, mostly for the better.
      2c2f3cea
  3. 16 Oct, 2017 1 commit
  4. 21 Sep, 2017 1 commit
  5. 23 Jul, 2017 2 commits
  6. 10 Mar, 2017 1 commit
    • Simon Peyton Jones's avatar
      Fix TcSimplify.decideQuantification for kind variables · 7e96526a
      Simon Peyton Jones authored
      TcSimplify.decideQuantification was doing the Wrong Thing when
      "growing" the type variables to quantify over. We were trying to do
      this on a tyvar set where we'd split off the dependent type varaibles;
      and we just got it wrong.  A kind variable wasn't being generalised
      properly, with confusing knock on consequences.
      
      All this led to Trac #13371 and Trac #13393.
      
      This commit tidies it all up:
      
      * The type TcDepVars is renamed as CandidateQTvs;
        and splitDepVarsOfType to candidateQTyVarsOfType
      
      * The code in TcSimplify.decideQuantification is simpler.
        It no longer does the tricky "grow" stuff over TcDepVars.
        Instead it use ordinary VarSets (thereby eliminating the
        nasty growThetaTyVarsDSet) and uses that to filter the
        result of candidateQTyVarsOfType.
      
      * I documented that candidateQTyVarsOfType returns the type
        variables in a good order in which to quantify, and rewrote
        it to use an accumulator pattern, so that we would predicatably
        get left-to-right ordering.
      
      In doing all this I also made UniqDFM behave a little more nicely:
      
      * When inserting an element that is there already, keep the old tag,
        while still overwriting with the new value.
      
      * This means that when doing udfmToList we get back elements in the
        order they were originally inserted, rather than in reverse order.
      
      It's not a big deal, but in a subsequent commit I use it to improve
      the order of type variables in inferred types.
      
      All this led to a lot of error message wibbles:
       - changing the order of quantified variables
       - changing the order in which instances are listed in GHCi
       - changing the tidying of variables in typechecker erors
      
      There's a submodule update for 'array' because one of its tests
      has an error-message change.
      
      I may not have associated all of them with the correct commit.
      7e96526a
  7. 15 Dec, 2016 1 commit
  8. 29 Nov, 2016 1 commit
  9. 12 Nov, 2016 1 commit
  10. 30 Jun, 2016 1 commit