1. 08 Aug, 2012 1 commit
  2. 11 Jul, 2012 1 commit
  3. 29 Jun, 2012 1 commit
  4. 04 May, 2012 1 commit
  5. 27 Apr, 2012 1 commit
    • Iavor S. Diatchki's avatar
      A build-system tweak for more readable build output. · d209588a
      Iavor S. Diatchki authored
      This change reduces the (default) verbosity of the build system.
      This makes it easier to spot warnings in the output and, also, it
      makes it easier to estimate how far along are we in the build process
      by just glancing at the output.
      
      To get the traditional fully verbose output, set V=1, like this:
      
          make V=1
      d209588a
  6. 27 Feb, 2012 1 commit
  7. 27 Nov, 2011 1 commit
  8. 19 Nov, 2011 1 commit
    • Ian Lynagh's avatar
      Improve the way we call "rm" in the build system; fixes trac #4916 · 80e9070c
      Ian Lynagh authored
      We avoid calling "rm -rf" with no file arguments; this fixes cleaning
      on Solaris, where that fails.
      
      We also check for suspicious arguments: anything containing "..",
      starting "/", or containing a "*" (you need to call $(wildcard ...)
      yourself now if you really want globbing). This should make things
      a little safer.
      80e9070c
  9. 09 May, 2011 1 commit
  10. 23 Apr, 2011 2 commits
  11. 05 Apr, 2011 1 commit
    • Simon Marlow's avatar
      Merge _stub.o files into the main .o file (Fixes #3687 and #706) · 7b0ff179
      Simon Marlow authored
      Now GHC still generates the _stub.c files, but the object file is
      automatically merged into the main .o file for a module.  This means
      that build systems (including GHC's own) no longer need to worry about
      looking for _stub.o files and including them when linking.
      
      I had to do lots of refactoring in DriverPipeline to make this work;
      now there's a monad to carry around all the information, and
      everything is a lot tidier.
      
      The _stub.c is now created as a temporary file and removed after
      compilation (unless the -keep-tmp-files flag is on).
      7b0ff179
  12. 23 Jan, 2011 1 commit
  13. 19 Jan, 2011 1 commit
  14. 16 Jan, 2011 1 commit
  15. 27 Nov, 2010 1 commit
  16. 21 Sep, 2010 1 commit
  17. 20 Sep, 2010 1 commit
  18. 22 Jun, 2010 1 commit
  19. 29 Mar, 2010 1 commit
  20. 24 Mar, 2010 1 commit
  21. 23 Mar, 2010 1 commit
    • Ian Lynagh's avatar
      Tweak the Makefile code for making .a libs; fixes trac #3642 · 64c64a6e
      Ian Lynagh authored
      The main change is that, rather than using "xargs ar" we now put
      all the filenames into a file, and do "ar @file". This means that
      ar adds all the files at once, which works around a problem where
      files with the same basename in a later invocation were overwriting
      the existing file in the .a archive.
      64c64a6e
  22. 19 Jan, 2010 1 commit
  23. 04 Dec, 2009 1 commit
  24. 14 Nov, 2009 1 commit
  25. 07 Nov, 2009 1 commit
  26. 05 Nov, 2009 2 commits
  27. 14 Sep, 2009 1 commit
  28. 21 Aug, 2009 1 commit
    • Ian Lynagh's avatar
      Link CMM objects into dynamic libraries · 77696536
      Ian Lynagh authored
      This fixes linking hello world with -dynamic. I've also added some more
      variables, so there is less duplication between the different ways of
      linking.
      77696536
  29. 19 Aug, 2009 1 commit
  30. 07 Aug, 2009 1 commit
    • Ian Lynagh's avatar
      Add a kludge to fix building shared libs · 74df25b1
      Ian Lynagh authored
      The .dyn_hi files currently depend on the .dyn_hi files of modules that
      they import. But they actually want the .hi files of modules from
      another package.This we make the .dyn_hi files depend on the .hi files
      so we are sure that they exist and are up-to-date.
      74df25b1
  31. 18 Jul, 2009 1 commit
  32. 06 Jul, 2009 1 commit
  33. 01 Jul, 2009 1 commit
  34. 24 Jun, 2009 1 commit
  35. 16 Jun, 2009 1 commit
  36. 11 Jun, 2009 2 commits
  37. 30 May, 2009 1 commit